Hope you will join us for the October 4-7 2019 Long Weekend!
… led by the energetic Steve Huddy you’ll discover and try to capture the magical wildlife, landscapes and night skies that can only be found in the heart of Stormboy country.
We’ll be based at the brand-new Rivers End Retreat –yours exclusively for the long weekend and inclusive of heated pool, stables, bar games, step-up bikes, bocce fields and more.
Your deluxe retreat package includes:
· Friday, Saturday and Sunday accommodation – double, twin, King
· Daily two-course deck breakfasts
· Workshops and photography field trips
· Friday night welcome event on the deck
· Continuous coffee and tea
$975 per person double/twin share
(single supplement $420 (accom/bfast 3 nts)
Additionally, events, meals and activities for the long weekend are as follows (some are weather dependant/min numbers):
· 1/2-day shooting cruise up the Coorong @ $100 pp
· Mundoo Island wildlife event @ $45 pp
· Cockle/pippy adventure @ $80 pp
· Night sky shoot trip (poa)
· Optional Monday time lapse workshop $90 pp (see below for details)
Additional Meal arrangements
· Field trip packed lunches @ $35 pp
· “Awards dinner” Sunday night @ $80 pp
Limited numbers – call Jamie on 0411 577 499 to book.
$100 per person deposit will secure your place!
Optional Monday Workshop $90 pp
Join professional photographer Chris Oaten in an intensive one-day workshop on Monday October 7 to learn how to add time-lapse to your travel photography adventures.
The workshop is an optional extension to the long weekend Canon Collective program at Rivers End Retreat.
The Monday workshop will focus on
- understanding the place that time-lapse has in contemporary visual narratives
- how to better capture time-lapse vision without spending big on equipment
- strategies for capturing time-lapse efficiently as a “side dish” to your other travel photography objectives
- an introduction to the specialised LR Time-lapse software
……………and the day will finish with a “holy grail” time-lapse capture from daylight to starlight.
Chris Oaten is a professional photographer based in Adelaide whose main business activity is shooting construction time-lapse. His clients include the University of South Australia, the City of Adelaide, Hansen Yuncken and Fleurieu Tourism. He has more than 30 years’ experience with photography including a 20-year career in media and has conducted workshops previously in conjunction with the Canon Collective.
A minimum of four participants are required with a maximum of 10.
The cost for the workshop is $90 per person.
Confirmed participants will be provided with an information pack prior to the October long weekend in order to best prepare to get the most benefit from the workshop. It is recommended that participants bring a laptop computer of their own but it is not essential.
Participants may also stay on at Rivers End Monday night for a return home on Tuesday.
$130 pp accommodation and breakfast (extended stay)